Postcards - Your Postcode
What is it? This task is suitable for artists and writers alike. There is an opportunity for both creative writing and art-making – simple, complex and everywhere in between. For teachers, we will include a PowerPoint and a more detailed description of the writing task.
How do I get involved?
Compose a vignette about your suburb.
Use the following prompts to compose your vignette – write one sentence for each of the prompts:
- Describe the weather
- Describe a sound
- Describe an object
- Update the weather
- Describe an object that you see
- Update the sound.
- Using the object described in the third prompt, write something about the mood of the scene
- Describe an action or a movement using the object
- Describe a physical trait of a local character in the scene.
- End with a single line of dialogue.
Click here for a printable PDF handout explaining how to be involved in Postcards.